The National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors (NAILD), a non-profit trade association that includes lighting distributors and vendors, announced that it launched its newly-revised Lighting Specialist I (LS I) training program.
The LS I training program is geared toward those new to the lighting industry, inside and outside sales employees, or employers interested in using this program to supplement their face-to-face training. LS I offers a unique combination of expert technical instruction and hands-on field experience delivered through a user-friendly, self-paced, online approach.
“With the advancements in LEDs, it became apparent that we had to update our training program to keep up with the rapidly changing technology in the lighting industry,” said Kevin Eagan, president of NAILD. “We’re excited to roll out the revised LS I program to the industry, and hope that the combination of expert technical instruction and hands-on field experience will be valuable.”
The LS I program was modified to help members better understand how and when to transition their customers from traditional technologies to solid state lighting (LEDs). The following changes have been made to the course:
- Each module now contains at least three learning objectives, allowing supervisors or coaches to see their candidates’ specific knowledge, skill set and activity to measure their understanding of the content.
- A stop has been inserted at the end of each module to check candidates’ performance and ability to demonstrate what they have learned.
- The “coach” version of the workbook now contains more detailed instruction on how they can help their candidates complete the exercises. This workbook also includes an answer key and coaching instructions on how to help improve candidates’ confidence and ability.
- Calculations have been moved to the end of each module, which allows for easier review.
- The module quizzes now require a 100-percent passing grade. The higher pass rate ensures that candidates know the content well enough to pass the final exam.
- The fill-in-the-blank sections have been eliminated from both the quizzes and final exam.
LS I’s user-friendly, self-paced approach to training is ideal for those new to the industry or individuals wanting to brush up on the fundamentals. To learn more about the LS I training program, visit www.naild.org.